Scottish Water is one of the UK’s largest water companies, as well as being one of Scotland’s biggest businesses. With a turnover of around £1.2bn, 3400 employees and a capital investment programme of £500m per annum, it delivers the investment and management expertise vital to transforming Scotland’s water infrastructure, improving water quality, the environment and customer service. Our employee engagement score is well in the UK top quartile we are very proud to have been recognised as the “Best Workplace” in the HR Network Scotland Awards 2012 and won the 2012 CIPD Award for “Organisational Learning”.
Every year Scottish Water look for the leaders of tomorrow and aim to increase the talent and capability that already exists within our organisation by recruiting high calibre graduates.
As part of our commitment to developing talent we recruit to our Graduate Programme on an annual basis. The 2014 application process opens in late November / December 2013 but you can register your interest now by clicking here.
The recruitment of Graduates is a key strand of our talent strategy. As a graduate with us you can expect to receive excellent training and support to enable you to realise your full potential and progress to the highest levels of our organisation.
During the two year Graduate Programme you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a broad overview of the business and appropriate legislation during rotational placements
- Gain exposure to specific areas of the business to support your development and build your knowledge and expertise
- Increase your understanding of the challenges the water industry in the UK faces i.e climate change, demographics and within Scottish Water the delivery of our business objectives within a highly regulatory environment
- Develop and apply people, leadership and project management skills.
Our programme is flexible and we work with the business and our graduates to ensure that your journey is right for you.
Do you think you've got what it takes to join this successful programme?
You must have the following;
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Share our passion to deliver first class customer service
- A desire to help Scottish Water achieve our Vision
We are now accepting applications to our 2014 Graduate Programme. The closing date for applications is 2nd January 2014. Use the link below to view our Graduate Programme vacancies and to apply: 2014 Graduate Programme
Scottish Water extends its talent development programmes to our summer internship programme.
The Internship Programme offers an excellent opportunity for penultimate year students to gain hands on experience of working in one of the largest water companies in the UK. During the 12 week paid placement you will support key business areas on projects and innovative work methods to deliver excellent results to our customers.
The 12 week paid placement runs during the summer months, commencing June 2014.
We are now accepting applications for our 2014 Internship Programme. The closing date is Sunday 16th February 2014.
View our Internship Programme vacancies and apply.