Scottish Water believes in finding the leaders and technical specialists of tomorrow.
Our Graduates play a vital role in progressing the achievement of our vision to become Scotland’s most valued and trusted business, one that we can all be proud of.
That is why we provide our high calibre graduates with opportunities to grow, introduce new insights and fresh thinking, realise their full potential and utilise their talent to make a positive difference to our business.
Our Management and Specialist Graduate pathways will offer you challenging yet rewarding work, excellent development and rapid progress to launch a bright career at Scottish Water.
The Management Graduate programme runs for 2 and a half years and is structured in 6-month work rotations in key business areas. You will gain extensive work experience including exposure to senior business colleagues. Our aim is for you to grow into one of our future leaders.
Our two-year Specialist Graduate scheme covers a variety of disciplines including Science, Engineering and Technology. Also divided in 6-month rotational placements, our programme offers you an excellent opportunity to quickly gain a wide range of technical competencies in a particular field. Our aim is for you to become part of our next generation of experts.
Both graduate frameworks will identify and develop your talents and support you to progress to the highest levels of our organisation. So be prepared to learn all about our business including legislation, regulations and challenges, and lots about yourself.
Are you ready to start an incredible journey?
- Competitive starting salary
- Substantial salary progression upon successful completion of your Progress Reviews at the agreed intervals
- Tailored learning and development plan
- 37 days of holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days per year
- Paid time off for community volunteering
- Opportunities to be involved in sports, social and fundraising activities
- Annual company bonus
- Eligibility to join the defined benefit, contributory pension schemeAccess to “SW Splash”, saving you money on holidays, bills and shopping
- Life assurance scheme
- Limitless career opportunities upon successful completion of your Graduate scheme
- Minimum of 2:1 Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject (specific subject for Specialists)
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to embrace and implement change
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Passion to deliver first class customer service
- Desire to help Scottish Water to achieve our Vision
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Ideally keen to relocate if required