Every year Scottish Water look for the leaders of tomorrow and aim to increase the talent and capability that already exists within our organisation by recruiting high calibre graduates.
Scottish Water is a public sector organisation owned by the Scottish Government. We are responsible for providing clean, safe drinking water and disposing of waste water from homes and businesses across Scotland.
Scottish Water’s Vision is to be “Scotland’s Most Valued and Trusted Business” and we will achieve this through our people. We are making great progress towards our Vision with our employee engagement score for 2012 well into the UK top quartile. We are also very proud to have been recognised as the “Best Workplace” in the HR Network Scotland Awards 2012 and won the 2012 CIPD Award for “Organisational Learning”.
The recruitment of Graduates is a key strand of our talent strategy. As a Graduate with us you can expect to receive excellent training and support to enable you to realise your full potential and progress to the highest levels of our organisation.
During the Graduate Programme you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a broad overview of the business and appropriate legislation during rotational placements
- Gain exposure to specific areas of the business to support your development and build your knowledge and expertise
- Increase your understanding of the challenges the water industry in the UK faces i.e climate change, demographics and within Scottish Water the delivery of our business objectives within a highly regulatory environment.
- Develop and apply people, leadership and project management skills.
Our programme is flexible and we work with the business and our Graduates to ensure that your journey is right for you.
Do you think you've got what it takes to join this successful programme?
You must have the following;
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Share our passion to deliver first class customer service
- A desire to help Scottish Water achieve our Vision