Our 2016 Graduate Programme is now live! We are currently recruiting for the following Graduates:
Management Trainee Graduates – click here to apply
Construction/Project Management Graduates – click here to apply
Engineering/Science Graduate – click here to apply
Quantity Surveying Graduates – click here to apply
Estimating Graduates – click here to apply
For frequently asked questions about our graduate programme see the link at the bottom of this page.
Our graduate programmes enable us to develop our leaders and technical specialists of tomorrow.
We are passionate about creating opportunities for young people to learn and build the skills and knowledge that they need to become the next generation of water industry leaders and experts, taking the industry forward. We were recently awarded the Investors in Young People accreditation, demonstrating our commitment to creating rewarding opportunities for young people.
We provide our high calibre graduates with opportunities to grow, introduce new insights and fresh thinking, realise their full potential and utilise their talent to make a positive difference to our business.
Our Graduate Programmes
Our Management Trainee and Specialist Graduate programmes offer you challenging and rewarding work, excellent development and rapid progress to launch a bright career at Scottish Water.
The Management Trainee Programme
Our Management Trainee Programme is a 2 year programme, focussed on developing your leadership skills to enable you to take on a Team Leader role at the end of the programme.
The entry requirements are:
- 2:1 degree classification (it is preferred that your degree is in a STEM (Science, Engineering, Technology & Mathematics) related subject
- Passion about becoming a Team Leader on completion of your programme
The Specialist Programme
Our Specialist Graduate Programme is a 2 year programme focused on further developing your skills and expertise to enable you to take on a specialist technical role on completion of your programme and become part of our next generation of experts. In 2016 we are looking for specialists in Construction Management, Estimating and Quantity Surveying.
The entry requirements are:
- 2:1 degree classification in Construction Management, Estimating or Quantity Surveying (or related degree)
- Passion for innovation and customer service excellence
Both graduate frameworks will identify and develop your talents and support you to progress to the highest levels of our organisation. You’ll learn all about our business including how we provide an excellent service to our customers, the regulatory environment that we operate in, our business opportunities and challenges, and lots about yourself.
As a graduate in Scottish Water you will receive a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Substantial salary progression upon successful completion of your Progress Reviews at the agreed intervals
- Tailored learning and development plan
- 37 days of holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days per year
- Paid time off for community volunteering
- Opportunities to be involved in sports, social and fundraising activities
- Annual company bonus
- Eligibility to join the defined benefit, contributory pension scheme.
- Access to “SW Splash”, saving you money on holidays, bills and shopping
- Life assurance scheme
- Limitless career opportunities upon successful completion of your Graduate scheme
If you are passionate about delivering a first-class customer service, have the ability to embrace change and innovation and are willing to learn and develop your skills to help Scottish Water achieve our Vision, please pre-register your interest in our Graduate Programmes today!