Annual Report 2011-12
Scottish Water is celebrating its most successful year to date, with customer service and drinking water quality among the highlights of this year’s achievements.
Scottish Water Chief Executive, Richard Ackroyd said:
“Scottish Water is one of Scotland’s biggest businesses and we are committed to putting our customers at the heart of the business. We are delivering the investment vital to transforming the water infrastructure, improving water quality, the environment and customer service.
“This annual report is a record of Scottish Water’s 10 years of progress in our drive to become Scotland’s most valued and trusted business."
Our Annual Report and Accounts 2011/12 was laid in the Scottish Parliament on 4 July, highlighting a number of achievements over the past year, and in the past decade including:
Lowest charges, highest investment
- For the 4th year running we have frozen our combined household charge. It is now the lowest in the UK, £52 lower than the average charge south of the border.
- In the last year we have delivered £491 million of investment, beating our target by 20%.
- This investment is equal to £202 for every household in Scotland.
Improved service and satisfied customers
- Our customer service (OPA) score has reached a record level, out-performing our Delivery Plan target by 12%.
- Drinking water quality is at its highest level, with 99.86% of samples meeting strict quality standards.
- We have improved the pressure to 1,627 more properties. Only 0.04% of all properties in Scotland are now affected by low pressure.
- In 2011/12 we continued to make improvements to the service that we provide, recording our highest ever level of customer satisfaction at 83%, up 3%.
- Written complaints have fallen steadily with 2011/12 seeing an 11% reduction from the previous year.
Environment, innovation and going international
- In the last year we have reduced leakage by a further 70 million litres of water per day across Scotland.
- Grid electricity use has fallen 4%. We continue to have the lowest emissions per megalitre (a million litres) of drinking water in the UK.
- We continue to work on projects to generate green energy, with over 5% of our annual energy demands now being met through our own renewable sources.
- We beat our target by 36% for environmental pollution incidents, an overall improvement of 39% on last year.
- An extra 41,700 customers are now being served by compliant waste water treatment works.
- Our pump blockage detection system is helping to protect the natural environment, detecting blockages in the waste water network and automatically clearing them before they become a problem.
- We are implementing a pilot project which uses the excess pressure in the water network, previously lost through pressure reducing valves, to generate renewable energy.
- Launched in 2011/12, Scottish Water International has already secured contracts, in partnership, in North America, the Middle East and Europe.
- Scottish Water Horizons is driving forward our green agenda, leading the way with a sizeable market share of biodegradable food waste management in the central belt, developing renewables and leveraging commercial value from our assets.
Download a copy of our Annual Report 2011/12
Watch a video of our achievements in 2011-12 and in the last 10 years.