Scientific Services Environmental Policy Manual - 52.01.05.03 BDUN-8RNMLN/ed:A
Scientific Services is committed to managing environmental matters as an integral part of its activities. It is our policy to plan and operate our processes and facilities in a sustainable manner. We will do so by adhering to the following:
- Comply with any relevant environmental laws, regulations and standards
- Implement programmes and procedures to assure our compliance
- Ensure that our employees are adequately trained and performance reviewed to ensure compliance
- Establish and meet our own environmental quality standards where existing law or regulation is not adequate to ensure protection of the environment
- Implement management systems and procedures designed to prevent our activities posing a threat to the environment
- Strive to prevent release of any harmful pollutant to the atmosphere, land or water.
- Minimise the amount and toxicity of waste generated and ensure the safe treatment and disposal of waste
- Work with suppliers and contractors to improve environmental performance throughout our supply chain
- Seek opportunities to enhance our environmental management system in order to improve our overall environmental performance on a continual basis
- Communicate our commitment to environmental quality to our employees, suppliers, subcontractors and customers
- Solicit the input of our employees, suppliers, subcontractors and customers to ensure that we meet our environmental goals and in turn offer assistance to meet their goals.
The Scientific Services Management Team (SSMT) demonstrate commitment to the development and implementation of the environmental management system by requiring the laboratories activities to be carried out in accordance with documented procedures and by supporting the continual improvement process. The SSMT will establish and review environmental objectives and targets during the Management Review process and will ensure that these are communicated to all employees.