Our services - your rights
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in quality of service and work around the clock to provide you with clear, fresh water as well as waste water services. We continually invest in new resources to deliver improvements that meet your needs as well as meeting industry standards.
Our Code of Practice (and the summarised version, our Customer Charter) tells you about the services that we promise to provide you with. We call these our service standards. They help you to know what to expect from us. We explain to you what your rights are and what happens if we don’t keep our promises to you. In some cases, we will make an automatic offer of a payment and in others we ask that you get in touch with us and we will investigate a possible payment.
Our service standards cover a range of areas that we know are important to customers. These include:
- Appointments - We’ll arrive when we say we will.
- Written response to a complaint - If you do wish to make a formal complaint, we’ll issue a response as soon as we can.
- Billing enquiries - If you contact us about an issue with your bill, we’ll try and sort it out there and then.
- Connection services - We won’t cause an unnecessary delay in arranging your connection.
- Water quality - You’ll have access to a safe, reliable supply of water.
- Planned interruptions - We’ll give you plenty of notice if we need to turn off your water.
- Unplanned interruptions - If there is a burst on our network, we’ll work to get it restored as soon as possible.
- Waste water flooding - We won’t flood your home or garden.
- Water in gas pipes - We’ll take immediate action if you discover water in your gas pipes.
- Water pressure outcome - We’ll let you know the results of investigating your water pressure as soon as possible.
- Water meter applications - We’ll process your water meter application without unnecessary delay.
Details of each service standard and information about making a claim can be found in our Customer Charter which is available to download on this page.
If you require more information on our services, please contact us using one of the following methods.
By phone on our Customer Helpline: 0800 0778778. We record all calls for quality and training purposes.
By email: email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can write to us:
PO Box 8855,
There are a number of services that we promise to provide you with. We call these Our Service Standards. They help you to know what to expect from us. This sheet explains what your rights are and what happens if we don’t keep our promises to you.
Our draft Code of Practice contains detailed information about the services we provide to customers.
Our draft Customer Charter is a summarised version of our Code of Practice and contains information about our service standards, what your rights are and what happens if we don’t keep our promises to you.
Safecall: external whistle blowing line for Scottish Water employees
Having an independently operated whistle blowing line is good industry practice and an important part of our approach to business ethics and fraud.
Employees can call Safecall 24 hours a day. They can remain anonymous if they wish and even if they disclose their identity to Safecall, this will not be passed to Scottish Water without the employee's consent.
Find out more about Safecall on their website http://www.safecall.co.uk/