Ayr Water Mains
Work is due to start in Ayr town centre on 24th April 2017 to replace the water mains to ensure our customers continue to receive the highest quality drinking water possible.
Key Project Facts
- Work will start in Mill Street on 24th April for approximately 10 days. There will be some parking restrictions during this time
- The overall project will take around 8 months to complete
- On rolling programme, work will then begin on High Street from early May. A road closure will be in place between the hours of 7pm and 6am to minimise disruption.
- We will notify all affected customers prior to any water supply interruptions
- There will be road and lane closures in the town centre and we will be updating this page on a regular basis, so please keep checking back for up to date information.
- The work is being carried out by our alliance partners Caledonia Water Alliance (CWA) on our behalf.
- Please note that all dates are approximate and are subject to change.
A public information event was held on Tuesday 11th April at Ayr Town Hall to give the community an opportunity to meet the project team and ask any questions about the project.