Cambuslang Environmental Improvement Project
Duke's Road reopens
- The final phase of the road closure on Duke's Road has been completed
- We need to come back to uninstall the drop kerbs that were used for the site entrance. The kerbs will be reinstated to their original set up. Temporary traffic lights will be in place to faciliate this work which we expect to take 3 days to complete
- All work will be complete and the site cabins removed by 21st December 2016
- The area around the CSO will remain fenced off until we can return in Spring to reinstate the grassed area
- We would like to thank all the residents for their continued patience while we carry out these essential works
This £2m project at Duke's Road in Cambuslang is to improve water quality of the area and help alleviate flooding during periods of heavy rain. The project involves the construction of a new combined storm overflow (CSO) chamber and associated apparatus to screen sewer discharges to the Eastfield Burn, along with the upsizing of the sewer pipes along Dukes Road, Fraser Street and Whyte Avenue.
The main phase of construction began in July 2016 and will be complete by the end of December 2016, though there will be some grass reinstatement work that will be required in Spring 2017. To minimise the impact on the community we will be carrying out this work in phases. We will update the communitiy as work progresses.