Dundee Water Mains Improvement
Scottish Water is investing £5m in upgrading Dundee’s water infrastructure. We are investing to ensure our customers continue to receive the highest quality drinking water possible. Water mains can vary in age and that’s why the upgrading, and in some cases replacement, of these essential supply pipes is vital to ensure we achieve maximum water quality and security of supply for our customers.
What does the work entail?
Pipe refurbishment work includes replacement, re-lining the internal surface of the mains or cleaning them by swabbing and flushing. This improves the water quality from the existing water mains pipes by cleaning any deposits that have built up over time.
Update 13th January 2017
- Work will resume in the Blackness area on Monday 16th January. It has been discovered that due to the condition of some pipes a full upgrade is required rather than the originally planned relining work.
- Work will begin in Blackness Street and Annfield Street and will last around 3 weeks.
- There will be localised traffic management and some access and parking restrictions in place but there will be NO road closures during this time.
- Lane closure: Strathmartine Road will have a northbound lane closure between Strathmore Avenue and Hill Street. A diversion will be in place.
- There will also be roadworks (but not road closure) on the following streets:
- Derby Street
- Pattison Street
- Bruce Street
- Mortimer Street
- Annfield Street
Reinstatement work will also be taking place in the following streets but with no road closures:
- Milton Street
- West Street
- Lorimer Street
We will continue to update this page as work progresses.
Please note that due to the nature of these works, all dates are subject to change.