Edinburgh Sewer Upgrade
Scottish Water have a £1.3M programme of sewer upgrade works which will see repair and improvement work being carried out at over 30 sites across Edinburgh.The work will involve localised repairs and full length re-lining of sewers at multiple sites around Edinburgh.
There will be some traffic disruption while we carry out these works but it will vary depending on the location and nature of the works. There will be some road closures and parking and access may also be affected. However, we will engage affected customers throughout the project.
Update: 20 April 2017
- Craigleith Rise: work complete
- Stevenson Road: work complete
- Kingsknow Place: work complete
- Harlaw Bank: work complete
- Cotlands Avenue:Work needs to be re-planned
- Caroline Terrace: Works have been partly completed though additional works need to be resheduled due to changes detected in exisiting sewer network. Date to be confirmed
- Blackford Avenue: Main works complete. Further work will be required due to the postiion of an existing manhole within Network Raid ground. Dates to be confirmed
The outstanding works may take some time to plan and re-schedule. This page will be updated when dates and details have been confirmed.
Work Started on 27th January and is expected to take around 6 months to complete.
The duration of works at individual sites will vary depending on the type and complexity of the works proposed. Some will take up between 1 day or a week and some will take several weeks with the longest phase being 7 weeks.
We will be communicating with all affected customers as the programme progresses and we will be regularly updating this page.
All works are weather dependent and the programme dates will be subject to change. We would like to thank our customers in advance for their patience while we carry out these essential upgrades.
We also have a Facebook page for all the sewer works that are happening in Edinburgh. This can be found here: www.facebook.com/EdinburghSewers