New 2021 Wholesale Charges Deferral Scheme
Following the Commission’s consultation conclusions issued on 21 May, Scottish Water has worked with the Commission and the CMA to develop updated guidance for the new deferral scheme (the 2021 Wholesale Charges Deferral Scheme).
Please see below a guidance document setting out:
- the application process
- how deferrals will be applied in the Central Systems
- the timetable
- process for unwinding.
A technical document provides further details on the format of submissions and the validation which will be applied by Scottish Water along with copies of the application templates. Please note that for routine vacancy changes, unrelated to the deferral scheme, LPs will also need to submit an application template (the BAU Vacancy Template) in order to obtain a validation code which will be needed to successfully process each transaction to the CMA.
Please click here for the Technical Document.
Scottish Water has also provided the below templates for applying to the scheme:
- COVID Charges Deferral - deferral of charges requested by customer or LP
- COVID Vacancy (UNM) - removal of volumetric charges
And the below templates for changes for customers accepted into the scheme:
- Deferral % - Changes to the deferral percentage applied to SPID(s)
- Customer Type - Changing the customer from a "Non-engaging Customer" to a "Deferring Customer"
If a customer wishes to exit the COVID Charges Deferral Scheme before the offical finish date, they are entitled to do so. Licensed Providers must inform Scottish Water by using this template.