Previous 2020 Wholesale Charges Deferral Scheme
Please see below a guidance document setting out:
- the application process
- how deferrals will be applied in the Central Systems
- the timetable
- process for unwinding.
Please click here for the Guidance Document.
A technical document provides further details on the format of submissions and the validation which will be applied by Scottish Water along with copies of the application templates. Please note that for routine vacancy changes, unrelated to the deferral scheme, LPs will also need to submit an application template (the BAU Vacancy Template) in order to obtain a validation code which will be needed to successfully process each transaction to the CMA.
Please click here for the Technical Document and:
- Here for the COVID Vacancy Template
- Here for the COVID Fixed Charges Template
- Here for the BAU Vacancy Template
- Here for the COVID Unmeasured Template Vacancy (UNM)
Please click here for the Declaration, a copy of which must be submitted with each batch of applications for deferral.
Three versions of a customer Undertaking (which must be provided to every customer for whom an application for deferral is submitted) and suggested covering letter explaining the deferral scheme and Undertaking are available below:
- Please click here for the customer Undertaking and suggested covering letter where a metered or surface water drainage only customer has applied for deferral
- Please click here for the customer Undertaking and suggested covering letter where an unmeasured customer has applied for deferral
- Please click here for the customer Undertaking and suggested covering letter where a Licensed Provider has applied for deferral on the customer’s behalf (i.e. ‘auto-enrolment’)
The scheme is open to applications, to Licensed Providers who have chosen options 1 or 2 set out in WICS ‘COVID-19 Measures in Support of Non-household customers - Additions to the Wholesale Deferral Scheme’ issued on 1 June 2020. Removal of volumetric charges for relevant unmeasured customers is available to all Licensed Providers.
Where a customer wishes to exit the scheme(s) prior to the official scheme end date they are entitled to do so. The Licensed Provider must inform Scottish Water of each scheme the customer wishes to exit from.
- Please click here for the template to exit the COVID Vacancy Scheme
- Please click here for the template to exit the COVID Fixed Charges Scheme
For Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.