Crossgates Water Supply Improvement
Scottish Water is investing £300,000 to upgrade the water mains supply which will improve the water pressure in the Crossgates area. This will involve the upgrading of the water mains pipes.
Currently we expect work to start in 2023 but a more specific date is still to be confirmed. We will update this page as the project progresses.
At a Glance
- Start date: TBC
- Water Supply Improvement - will improve water pressure in whole Crossgates area
- £300,000 investment
- Duration: Approx. 1 year
What are we are doing?
- The proposed work will involve the replacement of approximately 4.4km between the A909 at Mossmorran Gas Plant and the B925 towards Fairy Fa' Crescent
- There will be excavation work carried out across the length of water main to access and complete the necessary work
- There may be some traffic management needed during this time. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times
Will there be any disruption?
- We will need to carry out excavation work on some public roads that will require traffic management measures to be put in place
- Plans are being developed at the moment and we will place details of any road closures or re-routing required on this web page in advance of any work being carried out
- These works should not impact on your supply however if that changes for whatever reason, a follow up letter will be delivered to those planned to be affected
Why are we doing this?
- The Crossgates area has been affected by inconsistent levels of water pressure at times and investigations have shown that water pressure is below customer expectations and can vary for some of our customers during peak demand times. This has been exacerbated by further housing developments in the area.
- Our teams have been investigating this issue and making alterations to the network to try and alleviate some of the issues experienced by customers in this area but these works will allow us to bring in a higher pressure water increasing pressure across the whole of the Crossgates area.