Complaints FAQs

If you are not happy about the way we have provided services or with the services provided please call us on our Customer Helpline 0800 0778 778 or email: and provide us with details of your concern. Through contacting us by phone we can start to resolve your concerns sooner. For more information on our complaints process see: Claims and Complaints.

We hope that you will never need to progress beyond the first step of our complaints process. However, we want to give you every opportunity to present your case where you remain unsatisfied. To find out how to escalate your complaint please see  Claims and Complaints.

If you find that you are still not completely satisfied with our final response, then you can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) is the final stage for complaints about most organisations that provide public services in Scotland, including Scottish Water. Their service is independent, free and confidential.

The SPSO will normally only consider a complaint after you have fully completed Scottish Water’s complaints review process.

The SPSO cannot normally look at complaints more than 12 months after you became aware of the matter you want to complain about, or matters that have been or are being considered in court.

If you remain dissatisfied once you have completed Scottish Water’s complaints procedure, contact the SPSO for advice and request a complaint form on Freephone 0800 377 7330, via their website at or by writing to:

Freepost SPSO
Please note - this is all you need to write on the envelope, and you do not need to use a stamp.