Gorgie Sewer Network Upgrades
We are improving Edinburgh's waste water systems with a multi-million pound investment. This investment will improve the environment around the Water of Leith. As part of this investment we are upgrading the Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) in Gorgie Road.
Ahead of the main construction works later in 2024 we need to carry out several utility diversions in the area first.
At a Glance
- Sewer upgrade - Utility Diversions
- Start date: 8th January
- Duration: 16 weeks
- Delivery partner: CWA
What we are doing
Following on from some site investigations in October '23 we now need to carry out a number of service utility diversions to allow the main construction works to go ahead later in the year. This includes a water pipes and BT line diversion.
Work is due to start on Monday 8th January 2024 on Gorgie Road and is expected to take around 16 weeks to complete.
- There will be roadworks required within 3 lanes of the carriageway in the section of Gorgie Road between the junction with Ford's Road and Hutchison Crossway
- Traffic management will be in place for the duration of the work which will include lane closures and the use of a temporary bus stop and temporary traffic lights. Please follow all signs in place.
- There will be some disruption from construction traffic and noise; We will do all we can to keep this to a minimum.
- Local and pedestrian access will be maintained.
- There will be no disruption to your wastewater services during these works.
- We may need to interrupt customers' water supply. If we do, we will send further information at least 48 hours in advance, detailing the dates and times that the supply will be affected and what to do.
Roadworks starting on 8th January
The section shown in red is the approximate working area we will be occupying.