Aberdeen Merchant Quarter
Scottish Water is working with our alliance partner Caledonia Water Alliance (CWA) to complete investigation works in relation to the waste water network and other underground services in Aberdeen's Merchant Quarter. The work is seeking to confirm the feasibility of a proposed investment to address sewer flooding in the area.
What We Are Doing
We will be carrying out additional site investigation work in Trinity Quay from Monday 31st January for approximately 3 weeks. This follow-up investigation is needed to obtain important information on underground services and ground conditions. This will inform the design of planned improvements to our waste water network to alleviate flooding issues in this area.
From 9:30am on Monday 31st January, there will be a lane closure in place on the westbound carriageway of Trinity Quay between Regent Quay and Market Street.
- There will be no access straight ahead from Trinity Quay into Guild Street, with all westbound traffic turning left into Market Street
- Please follow the signposted diversion route where necessary
- Traffic management configuration in Trinity Quay will change over the period in order to allow work to progress safely while maintaining access for vehicles throughout
- During the work you may notice some noise from construction equipment; however, we will try to keep any disturbance to a minimum
- There will be no disruption to water or wastewater services during these works
- Work will be carried out from Monday to Friday, between 8am and 8pm (approx.), with possible work at weekends
- Depending on the outcome and progress of investigations, we way require to carry out further works. Should this be the case we will provide details of any additional works