Balerno Bridge CSO
What we are doing
- We are installing a new CSO (Combined Sewer Overflow) with a static screen and associated pipework including a new outfall and headwall.
- Main construction work is due to start around 10th May - we will providing the community with more information ahead of start on site.
- Some tree felling work in land next to Malleny Garden was carried out in early March in order to ensure a safe working area to be able to carry out the necessary upgrades.
Why we are doing this work
- These works are part of our overall investment to improve the environment in and around the Water of Leith
- We are upgrading the CSOs to help prevent items which are wrongly flushed down the toilet - from overflowing into the Water of Leith