Coronavirus (Covid-19): What is the impact on Scottish Water services and our customers?
Scottish Water’s priority is the provision of water and waste water services to its customers across the country.
As the spread of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) develops, we're continuing to work around the clock to keep customers supplied with water and treat the country's waste water, while maintaining the health of our employees and our customers.
We continue to work closely with water sector partners and follow guidance from UK and Scottish Government as well as the NHS.
We are taking the following measures:
- All main Scottish Water office buildings are closed to employees with the exception of essential operational workers.
- Public reception desks are also closed.
- Our capital investment programme has temporarily halted to protect public health and limit potential further spread of the virus, in line with government guidance.
- With immediate effect, all construction / project sites will close and will be reviewed to progress works which have a critical impact on core water supply or waste water management.
- A package of support measures is in place for Licensed Providers who supply business customers who may be experiencing pressures caused by Covid19 (Coronavirus). Read more here.
- Public-space Top Up Taps have been temporarily switched off to redirect resources to critical activities such as water sampling.
It will be necessary for Scottish Water to carry out some essential works to continue to make sure vital water and waste water services are maintained. You may see our frontline employees and key supply chain partners working to fix bursts and sewers, and clear chokes, which may require groundworks and machinery. Please be assured they are working to ensure customers receive a consistently high level of service.
Customers are urged to follow our guidance to flush only pee, poo or toilet paper down their toilets and not to dispose of non-flushable items in this manner, to help reduce the risk of blocked drains and sewers. More information
Scottish Water representatives who are booking appointments, or may need to visit your property as part of our normal business activities, will ask a few questions before visiting to make sure a face to face visit is appropriate. Alternatively, you may wish to postpone a visit from us and we will accommodate this wherever possible.
Please be assured that we continue to monitor this situation very closely and our primary focus is to ensure our service to you is maintained in a safe and responsible manner.
As a result of the Covid 19 outbreak all main Scottish Water office buildings and public receptions are currently closed and we are unable to accept communications by post. If you need to contact us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Helpline 0800 0778 778.
Check back here regularly for updates to relevant important information and advice for our customers.