Esk Waste Water Pumping Station Musselburgh
Esk Pumping Station
We are currently carrying out essential maintenance on our pumping station in Musselburgh
Essential Maintenance work on going
We are carrying out essential maintenance to the Esk Waste Water Pumping Station, to help reduce the risk of sewer flooding and protect the local environment.
Work is ongoing at Esk Pumping Station and we are progressing with our investigations for the refurbishment of the station.
What we are doing - Update Nov 23
- We have installed power to the temporary pumps, removing the need for diesel generators to be operating 24/7.
- We have carried out work on the 2 Storm Pumps within the station to improve resilience during storm events. 1 pump is fully operational and the other is now being assessed for repair.
- The temporary pumps will be moved in the next month to allow us to assess the damage and take out the any defective equipment.
- The station requires a full refurbishment, while keeping the pumping station operational. Our teams are progressing with the investigation, design and planning of the construction programme expected to begin next year.
- This is a significant and challenging piece of work and we expect to have a presence on site until September/October 2024, and we will aim to accelerate activities where possible.
- During this time, your water supply and drainage services from your kitchen and bathroom should not be affected by our work.
You may notice some noise associated with our activities/equipment and, vehicles accessing the station. We will do our best to minimize any disruption where possible