Our apprenticeship schemes are a real alternative to University when leaving school.
An apprenticeship with us is your ticket to the rewarding career you have always wanted. We have a broad range of apprenticeship programmes which suit different aspirations and interests. Our programmes offer you excellent development, challenging and rewarding work and the opportunity to launch a bright career at Scottish Water.
Modern Apprenticeship Videos
View videos of our current and former apprenticesWatch here
Search Current Vacanies
Why Scottish Water?
Not only will you gain qualifications - you will also get hands-on work experience and learn from professional and experienced colleagues.
We’ll help you reach your full potential by giving you first class training and mentoring. We'll invest in your development and you'll earn nationally recognised qualifications.
We will offer you tailored learning and development and the opportunity to take ownership of your career direction. You will find Scottish Water an inclusive and collaborative work environment where we respect and value people’s differences and you feel able to share your ideas and be yourself.
Rewarding Our Apprentices
As an apprentice in Scottish Water you will receive a wide range of benefits, including:
- Tailored learning and development plan
- Extensive career opportunities upon successful completion of your apprenticeship
- A competitive salary
- Annual company bonus
- 37 days holiday per year (including public holidays) with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days per year
- Eligibility to join the defined benefit, contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Paid time off for community volunteering
- Opportunities to be involved in sports, social and fundraising activities
- Access to “SW Splash”, saving you money on holidays, bills and shopping
To learn more about our Modern Apprenticeship Programme, read the supporting information.
Modern Apprenticeships Supporting Information
Get more detail on our Modern Apprenticeships including entry criteria, rewards and benefits and how we'll support your progression in your new career.Learn more