Aberdeen Merchant Quarter
Scottish Water alongside our alliance partner Amey Black & Veatch (aBV) are carrying out a programme of investigation works on the waste water network in the Merchant Quarter area of Aberdeen. Following our recent site investigation works in the Merchant Quarter area during February, there is some further localised work that we need to complete.
Additional Planned Works:
We will be carrying out an additional number of site investigations in Trinity Quay and Shore Brae. The information we obtain from this will allow us to determine and plan future improvements to our waste water network to alleviate local flooding issues in this area.
The site investigations will comprise of the following:
- Trial Hole excavations
- Bore Holes
This will allow us to determine ground conditions as well as locate positions of other underground services in the area.
What you need to know:
Site investigation works are planned to take place from Saturday 30th March 2019 and will last approximately 3 weeks.
Where we are working:
Further site investigations will be required in the following streets::
- Trinity Quay (WestBound from Market Street to Regent Quay)
- Shore Brae (from Trinity Quay to Shiprow)
When we are working:
See below for details of when we are working at each location and details of traffic management.
Numbers below relate to corresponding number in above image:
1. Trinity Quay (Westbound)- Works starts on Saturday 30th March for approximately 2 weeks. During this section of work there will be a lane closure on the approach to the Market Street junction
2. Shore Brae – Works starts on 14th April for approximately 1 week. Shore Brae will be CLOSED to traffic between Trinity Quay and Shiprow during this work. Local diversions will be in place with temporary access to Shiprow being via Castle Street.
During these essential works:
- Please note during this time there will also be other works being carried out in Market Street and Guild Street by BT Openreach. This Activity is unrelated to our works. However both have been fully coordinated with Aberdeen City Council to minimize disruption for road users as far as possible. Please follow all signs put in place.
- During the work you may notice some noise from construction equipment however we will try to keep any disruption to a minimum where possible.
- Depending on the outcome and progress of these initial investigations, we way require to carry out further works. Should this be the case we will provide details of any additional works.
Find Out More:
If you have any questions about this planned work please call our customer helpline 0800 0778 778 quoting reference Capital/503289/aBV